Thursday, October 29, 2009

Improving timing in life and the life calendar

Lately, my mantra has been to improve my timing in life - hopefully that will make my music playing more precise, rhythmic, and feel better. Anything that has to do with timing, scheduling, driving, speaking, eating...I'm trying to improve.

So, regarding scheduling, I've come up with this thing called The Life Calendar. I realized that the month-view of a normal calendar makes a lot of sense to me...so I made a year-view, where a season is a week (4 seasons in a year), and a month is a day (12 months in a year...so each season gets 3 months). This made me think, well, can we do this with a decade? Yes...there are 10 years in a decade - so I decided to make the half-decade a week...5 years in a half-decade...and 2 half decades in a decade. So, naturally, from there, I decided to make a life calendar of 100 years. I suppose I don't have to stop there...but that seems good for now.

http://scraggo.blogspot.com/

No comments: